December 31, 2013

Monday's Musical Delight - Playlist #20 The Best Songs of 2013

As the last days of the year are speeding by, and work, plans, and New Year's resolutions are fighting for my attention, I feel like there is only one thing that really matters: a list of my favourite songs from the past year. Sometimes I feel like this year happened so fast, it hardly seems to have happened at all. I'm not saying 2013 wasn't great for me: I got my Bachelor's degree, visited Rock Werchter again with one of my closest friends, made some fantastic trips to Budapest and London - and these are just the "big" events! It just feels so weird, like these things could have happened two weeks ago, or, just as easily, 5 years ago. I guess I'm just not good at tracking time.

When it comes to music, however, it's a completely different story. I know exactly when I heard a song for the first time, in what context, what I was doing, and how it made me feel. To me, all these songs give me a certain outline to remember and place the things that have happened. I'm not going to ramble on about what I felt about every song, and I didn't place them in any particular order either. I just hope you'll enjoy them, and I wish you all the best for the next year!

Lots of love,
Lisa

PS: What was your favourite song from 2013? 


No comments:

Post a Comment